Here is what I’m currently using for Ruby development on OS X Lion.
- rbenv – handling multiple versions of Ruby
- ruby-build – installing different Ruby versions
- homebrew – managing all of my Unix-y stuff (including rbenv + ruby-build)
- guard – mainly used for running my tests on changes
- git – source control
- pow – runs my apps for me when developing
- GitHub – where I keep my projects
- TextMate – still the best for me, really hoping 2.0 is amazing
That’s the basics of it. I’m toying around with PostgreSQL and MySQL at the moment and trying out Sequel Pro for managing the few MySQL servers I work with for clients.
That’s about it for now.