It was finally time to dig into my social media usage a little bit and make some changes. With that in mind, I have made, or will be making, the following changes:
- Removed all Twitter apps and the main Facebook app from my phone
- All access to Twitter and Facebook is handled through the web browser on an old-fashioned web browser
- Looking to use my personal website for more writing and even sharing of information
- Using Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and Fosstodon as broadcast platforms instead of pure social media/communication platforms … and if you find me anywhere it will be on Fosstodon for now
- Looking to RSS for viewing/consuming more of my news
Part of the reason behind the use of RSS is to curate a good number of feeds for high-quality content I want to read consistently. This will mean being “quick on the trigger” to remove feeds that I do not find valuable anymore.
That’s about it. So far I went the entire weekend without adding Twitter or Facebook back onto my phone. I am hoping this will continue and break me of some very terrible habits when it comes to social media and media consumption in general.