Recently, my wife switched around our first-floor arrangements and this is all she did:
- Moved the television from the main living room into our small porch on the front of the house.
- Moved the rocking chair from the small porch to the main living room.
- Moved a small table into the small porch to set the television on.
- Moved the Wii, Airport Extreme (replaced with Time Capsule), DVD player, and large entertainment center into the basement (awaiting TV to setup on the large entertainment center … WAY in the future).
- Removed all cables from the vent.
When you read through it, not a ton of stuff, but it has made enough of a difference in the house to make the whole place feel, well, cozier. It has minimized the television in the entire house (now relegated to a cozy little nook in the porch) but emphasized the baby grand piano in the main living room.
Small changes making a big difference.