First off, leave now if you don’t want to hear me gush a little about my wife. Good.
I don’t normally try to dwell on the past because, well, it is in the past. However, sometimes it is kind of fun to think back a little and try and imagine how different things would be if decisions you had made were changed. Tonight’s thought: Where would I be if I hadn’t met Laura (my wife)?
The best way for me to enumerate this is to create a list!
- living in my parent’s garage (loft)
- drinking a lot more pop
- eating terribly
- still wearing the same shirts I wore in high school
- have a desk with four monitors on it
- stay up until 2am most nights
- still trying to figure out what to do with my life
- afraid to drive in a city with more than 13,000 people in it
- still wearing the same glasses from high school
- never EVER worked out
It would be quite a change. There is no mention of the other things that I would be missing out on either like having a family, owning a house, soliciting bids for a bathroom project, having kids, being a husband and father … and the list can just go on and on.
I’d also not smell nearly as nice.