- Call a meeting of all top executives.
- Pull my iPhone 4S out and rest it gently on the table in front of me.
- Wait for dramatic effect.
- Fire anyone not patient enough to wait for me to speak first.
- Tell everyone left in the room that they have 3 months to bring me a working prototype that makes me want to use it over my iPhone. (While gesturing towards my iPhone already placed on the table.)
- Fire anyone that asks “How?”
- With everyone gone, hire a new executive team.
You can insert your own favorite phone at the moment, but I think it is a good place to start. BB10 is DOA at the moment and they’re going to need a “killer product” (I hate that phrase) in order to bring any sort of mindshare back to their platform.
For now, it’s Andoird, iOS, and Windows Phone 7 as the top three development platforms for mobile. Blackberry needs more than an executive shakeup, they need a complete resurrection from their current zombie status.